Make a Difference Day 2007
The DCA has chosen a very special project for Make A Difference Day 2007. The Boys & Girls Club of Cathedral City needs our help and we are here to give it! Let’s just say the club has NO maintenance budget, their specialty is kids! So here is the DCA’s chance to help them out. The 400 kids that the club services, really deserve a place to hang that they can be proud of.
The planning for this year’s big day began in July and is turning out to be an "Extreme Makeover - the Boys & Girls Club Edition".
So many community businesses, restaurants, contractors and suppliers have stepped up and have said they would donate their expertise, time and supplies to the project.
It is a lot of work to plan this big day. But all the volunteers and committee members say it is definitely worth it, when you see the excitement on the kids faces at the club when we meet there, we know we are doing the right thing.
Some of the planned projects at the club are:
- Upgrading the electrical system interior and exterior
- Extending the patio area and a new landscape plan
- Upgrading the plumbing in the boys and girls restrooms and drinking faucets
- Upgrade and replace kitchen cabinets, sink and appliances
- Upgrade all storage facilities in the gym and game room
- Install a new Flag Pole
- Build a Mail Box and include a time capsule of the event
- Painting of the gym and replacing the gym floor
- Repair and/or replace the evaporative coolers and air conditioning units
- Upgrade the fire protection equipment
- Roof Repairs
We still need contractors to help with the project and volunteers, not only on Make A Difference Day – Saturday, October 27th, but also the week prior for prep work. So if you would like to volunteer, be a team leader on a project, please contact the DCA or you can stop into the club and talk to Scott or one of his staff members and you too will get a firsthand look at how this project is the right thing to do.
Written by Aimee Schrumpf