Tips for Beating Online Penny Slot Machines
The gambling community is constantly on the hunt for newer and more exciting ways to gamble. So the casinos and game developers also oblige and innovate from time to time. These innovations are often revamped and modernized versions of older concepts. One such concept is the penny slot.
Penny slots have risen to prominence in recent years among gamblers. They have, in many ways, replaced the immensely popular nickel and quarter slots of the 80s. There are certain things to learn about playing free penny slots. Before we get to the tips on beating them, we need to explain what they are and how exactly they work.
What Are Penny Slots?
Penny slots are different from usual slot machines in that they require only a one-cent bet per payline. This is obviously constant across all such slot machines. This, in turn, implies that payouts will also be lower. In fact, they are much lesser than the high stakes-high risk slot games. Even jackpots are of much lower value in these low stakes slots.
What often confuses new players is the name "penny slots." They should keep in mind that even though the bets are set at one cent per payline, the minimum number of paylines that you're required to bet on is usually high. This means that you might have to bet up to a dollar per turn in order to play these games.
Tips for Winning at Penny Slots
Following are some tricks and hints to help you win at penny slots:
- It's advisable that you don't hit the maximum spin button right away. You should begin by just selecting a few lines or even one coin per spin. This will help you get a feel of the game and gauge the potential outcomes.
- Always check the help screen before starting to play the game as it will let you calculate the number of coins you'd want to bet per turn.
- The concept of smaller and frequent instant rewards creates an illusion of success in the mind of the gambler. This is not always the case if the bets are higher. So, always keep a check on your net wins/losses to know when to stop. For example, if the game you're playing requires you to bet $1 per turn (100 lines), and it offers a $0.30 win per line, you've actually lost $0.70 on a spin if you win one line.
- Once you have a feel of the game, you should take your chances on a higher number of reels, as this will increase your chances of winning overall.
- Choose your games wisely as not all games have the same payouts or minimum bets. You should ideally not prioritize graphics and gameplay over higher RTP.
Be careful about what you're getting into when you hear penny slots. While they can be very rewarding and a lot of fun, they can also clean you out if you're not wary. Some of the biggest and best manufacturers of these slot games are WMS, Microgaming, Playtech, and IGT.